Sunday, October 28, 2012

Reflective Journal #6: APA!!

Last Tuesday's class was a little bit different. It was time for the APA style themed class. the activity at the beginning of the class was fun, yet i had no idea it had to do with APA style referencing. Honestly, although i was wondering why we would spend almost half of the class time on the learning how to write references correctly, when we can learn that later on; i found it very helpful and it answered a lot of questions i had about the referencing and corrected many many mistakes that i used to do while writing any paper. the effect of the APA activity was obvious when i was writing the second summary and reflection, i felt so proud of myself that i could write the paper in the APA style with minimal mistakes - hopefully. One of the moments that made me think a lot during the days after the class was when the Dr. told me and Marwa that we need to learn the APA for future research in our Masters thesis. it got me thinking: "Am I going to pursue this much further? Am I qualified enough?".

The second activity about describing the learning community that we work in was eye opener. it made me think about the ugly truth of the huge gap between different educational institutions in Egypt. But i really have no idea how can we decrease that gap? what is our role as educators in providing a successful learning community for our students amid all these huge differences between educational institutions?
May be we can discuss that in the next class.

4 comments:

  1. Can you summaries to me this activity to make my assignment.. or write to my the steps. thanks for your cooperation

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think i missed a very important activity i didn't feel guilty because i did my best to attend that session but i couldn't. i wish ,that i can learn it from you as you told me on phone thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this reflection, Lamis. Sometimes in life it takes only one comment or question to change the direction of our lives. I believe that you are more than capable and qualified to go on further with your education. You have the drive and determination to succeed and that is all that it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now i'm so thrilled that i can managed the APA style, i actually brag about it :) :)

    ReplyDelete