Friday, November 23, 2012

Reflective Journal #9: Skype!

I was actually looking forward to last Tuesday's class as i was really curious to hear the reflection on the CBL project presentation. So i was disappointed to know that the class was cancelled due to the unrest in the area, but on a positive note it was fun to hear that we get to have the class on skype and skip all the traffic, as it is the only negative thing about the tahrir campus. Sitting on the couch while discussing the presentation with Dr Joyanne and Reham was fun and relaxing :) It's a real life experience that shows one of the important applications of technology in daily life.

About my reflection, i was actually reflecting and thinking about my presentation since the moment we finished the class, what went right? what went wrong? did the outcome appear as i imagined? what could have been done better? Of course and as usual i was harsh on myself because i believe that it could have been done way much better. But to be honest, i'm not really mad at myself because it was a great opportunity to learn, to grasp new ideas, to work on my weaknesses and mistakes in order to avoid them in the future. It was one of the learning experiences that will sure be embedded in my mind as long as i'm alive. I came to believe that there's is really no boundary to what the person can learn through out his/her life.


4 comments:

  1. I agree that it was nice not to spend time getting to and from the class. And it was good to use the technology from home. Reham, really said something important in our meeting: that we should reflect and learn from our mistakes. When I think of it, that is truly what learning is about-learning from our mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lamis i couldn't agree more even if i tried skype was the only efficient solution used by any of my instructors that allowed for the benefit to happen without the traffic hustle ... when you take about technology we used wikispace before but you should figure out which technology to use to achieve your goals.

      Dr. joy ...my name is usually accompanied with the word mistake :) no matter how small they were i know better than to make the same mistake twice ... as i used to say the first time is always free of charge the second time is definitely your mistake !
      if we did not learn from our mistakes then we are not learning at all!!

      Delete
  2. Skype experience was amazing. i liked how we got that class. i enjoyed listening to the comments and the positive and the negatives. it was good to find our way even if that we were not able to go to the campus. what was good that i got an idea that i could use the skype in my teaching as i could be in touch with the students all the time if they need my help so that was a good idea that came to me while having my class online!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually all family and friends were amazed when i told them we took a skype class ;)

    ReplyDelete